And no I am not talking about your Gin & Tonic !!!!
Today's blog is a bit of a different one so i decided to write today's blog on mindset.
This got me thinking ….
We all face obstacles, whether this be in everyday life or gym and training goals. how we respond to those obstacles can make all the difference in the world.
Do you know what happy, successful people think about every day? It’s simple. They think about what they want and how they can get it. Positivity can change your life. Are you a Glass Half-Full Or Half Empty type of person?
When you spend your time thinking and talking about what you want from life and how you can achieve it, you will feel happier and more in control. When you think about happy things, your brain releases endorphins, which give you a feeling of well-being. It doesn't take long to develop a positive attitude.
The Importance of Optimism
Psychological tests have shown that happy people have a specific quality that enables them to live a better life. That quality, of course, is optimism.
There are two distinct ways that optimists deal with the world, which sets them apart from the rest:
- First, they remain focused on what they want, looking for ways to achieve it. They set clear goals and remain confident they will achieve them.
- Second, in every difficult situation, an optimist will look for the good. When something goes wrong, they determine what lesson or knowledge can be drawn from the situation.
If you look for the good in someone or something then you will always find it, and in the looking, you will find yourself more cheerful.
The Power Of Positive Thinking
Optimists seek the lesson in every obstacle. They don’t get upset and look at where they can lay blame. They control their emotions and look at things logically.
Positive thinking has several benefits to your life:
Motivation: Willpower and motivation come from a strong mind. Negative thoughts lead to negative actions. When you replace pessimism with optimism, you reshape your outlook.
- Strong Relationships: Happiness attracts happiness, happy people attract people who are happy. If you surround yourself with negativity, you will only attract negativity. Positivity breeds trust, which builds strong relationships. Without trust, relationships cannot survive. We are hardwired to seek trust.
- Strong Mind & Body: Negative thoughts are draining and can have a severe impact on your mental health. They can leave you struggling to get up in the morning and inhibit your ability to sleep. Fatigue leads to weakness, sadness, and a lack of motivation. Therefore, negativity takes a toll on your whole body.
- Choose Happiness: You can make the choice today to see the glass as half full instead of half empty. Look at your blessings rather than noting every shortcoming. Also, look at the best in everyone around you, because in truth, the majority of people are honest and good. Last and most importantly, Look for the good in their actions and in their words, and resolve to be of good cheer.
It’s easy to be upbeat when everything in your life is going well. However, it’s even more important to do so when everything is going against you or is falling apart. You can still draw from your inner strength and look on the bright side of life, it will pay off in spades.